Friday, August 8, 2008

A Pair of Pears Oil Painting

I must be a weird person. I don't go to many places and not see everything as a possible subject for artwork. That includes the grocery store...especially the grocery store. I walk the produce aisles looking for prime pieces of fruits and veggies not for something healthy to feed my family but for something wonderful to paint. (Ok, ok, after I am done with my painting, I do feed it to my family.) When I came across a selection of pears, I was in my glory. They were all so fresh and great looking. So I present to you here my first of many paintings featuring these pears. The oil painting measures 8x8 on pre-primed panel. It is 3/8 thick with the sides painted black and a special hole predrilled in the back for hanging. No framing is needed with this one. (I think this painting turned out much nicer than the online picture shows.)
SOLD!

No comments: