Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bulletin Board

I'm back! I was very busy before Christmas, trying to get orders done and out before the holidays. I couldn't post what I was doing because I couldn't risk spoiling the surprise for the person receiving the art as a gift. This painting is one that I did for my brother as a gift. The whole thing is painted on, including the wood border. It was fun gathering up items that I thought would be a good representation of my brother's childhood. I set everything up on a bulletin board and took about 40 pictures with different lighting to get the shadows just how I wanted them. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. This was done in oil paint on hardboard from Dick Blick. The board is 3/8" thick and has a hole in the back for hanging, so it helps with the illustration of it being a real bulletin board. It is 18x24. I have received such positive comments on this when I showed it to friends that I have decided to set up a web site and offer these as custom pieces for sale. If anyone is interested in getting one done, I am going to offer a super special deal, because I need some more examples to put on the site. I have decided to offer these in 12x12, 12x16 and 18x24. Email me at artbyjoy@aol.com . I would love to know what everyone thinks of this idea.

I will do my best to get back to posting every weekday. Thanks for all the support and for being patient with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joy,
This is fantastic!!! What a great gift!
And a great idea to market that as well.

Kay Crain